Special Knowledge about Footwear
We have a great selection of shoes, thongs and slippers, all with arch support including
- Arch support thongs and slides
- Men's casual and women's dress shoes
- Casual shoes for men and women
Podiatrists have knowledge in footwear design and research and the common features in a shoe which are important.
Shoes for children up to the age of 3 years should be flexible in the sole and upper.
Adult shoes should have the following characteristics:
- Flex across the ball of the foot
- Supportive heel counter
- The inner-sole and mid-sole should be made out of foam/EVA to absorb shock and cushion feet from hard surfaces
The podiatrists at Beyond Podiatry can advise you on walking shoes school shoes, sports shoes, work shoes and casual shoes
- We can assess your foot type and recommend a suitable shoe
- Beyond Podiatry has a full range of medical grade foot wear to accommodate bunions, odema, diabetic feet, arthritic feet and clawed toes
- We are registered footwear prescribers for the Department of Veteran's Affairs